Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Socaler Ready to be Transplanted Back to the Bay Area

Tomorrow I leave for Berkeley. I spent the whole summer in Southern California or the SGV (San Gabriel Valley) doing a sports internship with the SGV Tribune. When I wasn't working, I split my time between L.A., Walnut, San Pedro, Santa Monica and anywhere else where my family and friends were located. On Monday I start my second-year at UC Berkeley's graduate program in print journalism. I'm ready to see my buddies up there. I can't wait to see Berkeley, a city so eclectic you can't feel out of place because it doesn't allow you to. Besides the city (S.F.), bart rides and old movie theaters in the Bay, I must say I will miss Southern California. The constant heat wave and sports are just a few things I love about the bottom and better part of California. I know I should either be an Angels or Dodgers fan, but I'm a Socal fan. I watched at least one game this summer in each stadium and during the spring I also caught an As and Giants game too. But believe me, I can't wait until the Dodgers roll into AT&T Park late in September to play the "halloween" colored team. That's what I call the Giants b/c their uniforms are orange and black. I don't hate the Giants, I just despise them. I'm okay with the A's though, b/c they seem like nice guys who, unfortunately, are stuck in a grim stadium. The sporting event I'm most looking forward to is the Cal vs. USC game. Some of you may not know I'm a twin. And my twin happens to be getting her graduate degree at USC. So, as you can see, we're ready to watch our teams duke it out. We already bought the tickets. I'll be sitting with my family in the USC section decked out in blue. The only blue one in the sea of red. So, tomorrow I'll be back in my little studio (apartments are super tiny up there). I'm glad I got the opportunity to work at the Tribune for the last few months and more importantly, be with my family. More sports entries to come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's things sportscandy.blogspot.com admin found your blog via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home