Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Watch High School Football Games on YouTube

I haven't written a blog entry about high school sports yet. So here goes. I was on YouTube the other day and I wondered, "Are there any high school football games on this thing?"

I looked up a couple from the SGV and what do I find but the Los Altos vs. South Hills game from earlier this season! Yes, can you believe it. The camera guy did a good job, I must say.

This is only one school who has footage of a friday night game, but what does this mean to newspapers prep sports sections and webpage?

If people continually tape football games and boot them into their computers, this can deteroritate any advances newspapers or television companies wish to do with prep sports. The bottom line is, "whats the point of showing the whole game though our website or show if people can watch it at home or at the office at whatever time they want?"

I doubt this will put a negative spin to prep sports in the media because I don't think it will take away any of its glamor. But its scary how YouTube can influence the outcome of media outlets. And not only that, savvy computer people who know how to tape, download the material on a computer and publish it on a website. Creepy and fascinating at the same time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

Hi Elizabeth! Nice blog. How's your second year coming along? =)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home